DR.G.VISWANATHAN SPECIALITY HOSPITALS
Multispeciality

30, Babu Road, Trichy - ,
Tiruchirappalli Fort
Tiruchirappalli
India
0431 - 404 1234

Dial for doctor appointment


73 73 72 73 66


About DR.G.VISWANATHAN SPECIALITY HOSPITALS

r. G. Viswanathan MBBS, founder of the GVN Hospital started his humble journey in the medical field in 1939 at Big Bazar Street in Trichy in a small way. In 1940 he started a free dispensary at his residence in Srirangam and a nursing home with ten beds in Big Bazar Street in Trichy. Dr. Viswanathan led a simple life and mode of transport was horse. His consultation was free of cost and also paid for his patients transport on many occasions. In 1950 the hospital was shifted to Babu Road with an increased strength of 16. Dr. Viswanathan’s sister joined with him as the first obstetrician and gynaecologist in Trichy. Dr. Viswanathan was the first honorary surgeon to the government head quarters hospital, Trichy and also served President of the Indian Medical Association, Trichy. His valuable service was extended to the prisoners in jail, Ramakrishna Tapovanam, Osanam free dispensary, Joseph College, Holy Cross which made him a legend in the medical fraternity. He was a great friend and philosopher for many of his friends and colleagues. Dr. Viswanathan fulfilled his dreams and attained the Lord’s feet at the age of 77 on April 4th 1984.

Services
  • Endoscopy
  • Urology
  • ENT
  • Oncology
  • Orthopedic
  • Gynecology

Achievements
The prestigious ‘Life Time Achievemnt Award’ was awarded to Dr.K.Kanagaraj M.D.D.C.H., D.L.O., From the Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University, Chennai by for community services for the past 40 yearsDr.Mayilvahanan Natarajan Since 1939 Dr. G.Viswanathan and family offers free consultation till today The first cancer centre in Southern India to bring Cobalt in 1989 Tele medicine – the 1st tie up in tele medicine in the state with Adyar Cancer Hospital. The first centre to bring Triple Photon Linac Accelerator with V Mat for cancer treatment in February 2014. The first hospital in trichy to have dirty corridor for linen BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid) implant surgery – the first time in south Tamil Nadu in 2012 by Dr. Jawahar Nagasundaram our Medical Superintendent and ENT & Head and Neck Surgeon. SPY Glass ERCP